The WE Local Collegiate Competition is an excellent opportunity for applicants and finalists to present their research to a broad technical audience in three styles: short form abstract submission, visual poster presentation and lighting talk presentation. This allows for students to learn and gain insight on their research, and to receive live feedback and encouragement from others within the STEM field.
The Collegiate Competition is only hosted at WE Local North America conferences.
Collegiate Competition Criteria
- Current/Active SWE (undergraduate or graduate) Collegiate Member
- Student must enter the category (undergraduate or graduate) for which they are currently enrolled as a member in the Society
- Students can use a current research/project they are working on alone, an independent study project, or a project they’re working on with others
To view additional guidelines including how to submit an abstract, click here.
Collegiate Competition Finalists
Once an online research abstract has been submitted and accepted, students are recognized as “Finalists”.
- A complimentary Collegiate premier registration
- A travel stipend to compete in the on-site technical poster presentation as well as lightning talk competition to the conference for which they were selected
- Recognition and awards at the WE Local Power Hour on Saturday afternoon