We hope to see you at the following Plenary Panel discussions at WE Local St. Louis.
Managing Transitions in Turbulent Times
Friday, March 1, 2019 | 3:15-4:30 p.m.
Moderator: Trisha Avashti, Project Manager at Medtronic
- Stephanie Foege, Senior Estimator at Ambitech Engineering
- Dayna Johnson, Business Development Manager at GE Power
- Maranda Schettler, Director, MQ-25 Engineering Integration Autonomous Systems Defense, Space & Security at Boeing
The recent turmoil in the global economy has created many new challenges but also new opportunities. Engineers, like many other professionals, have not been immune to the impact of the recession where organizations across different industries and sectors have been forced to tighten budgets, trim the workforce and maximize efficiencies. This is a time that will require different strategies, relationships, and capabilities as professionals and leaders. Learn from our panel of experienced executives how to build on your strengths and emerge from these turbulent times as a leader who can proactively manage both workplace and personal career transitions.
The 2020 Engineer
Saturday, March 2, 2019 | 2:30-3:30 p.m.
Moderator: Program Subcommittee Liaison
- Madhushree Ghosh, Process and Quality Engineer at AllCell Technologies LLC
- Alexis Johnson, Mechanical Engineer EIT at HHB Engineers, P.C.
- Ashley Lesser, Environmental Engineer at NTH Consultants, Ltd.
Creating and facilitating the transition to green technologies and processes requires a paradigm shift in how engineers think about and analyze problems, and ultimately design solutions. Strides made in engineering towards achieving a greener and more sustainable world will largely depend on the role of innovation. This plenary panel intends to focus on emerging green technologies and trends related to engineering. Questions around the strategies that companies have used and leveraged to drive green innovation will be addressed throughout the session. Panelists will discuss a number of challenges and opportunities that exist today when guiding innovation towards green and sustainable living.