At the WE Local Collegiate Competition, undergraduate and graduate students are selected as Finalists to present their research in three styles: short form abstract submission (now completed!), visual poster presentation (viewable onsite) and lightning talk — view the online agenda and search “Collegiate Competition” for all presentation times.
WE Local is proud to announce the 2020 WE Local Finalists as:
- Alyson Dizon, California State University, Los Angeles (Cal State LA ), Aqueous pH-neutral Flow Batteries
- Aziza Almanakly, The Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and Art, Electron Transport on Thin-Film Superfluid Helium with Voltage-Controllable Thickness
- Jovanna Fazzini, Harvard University, An Expanding Foam-Fabric Orthopedic Cast
- Lauren Seubert, Messiah College, Rapid Orthotics for CURE Kenya
- Carrie Sanford, North Carolina State University, Metabolic Modeling for Understanding Sugar Co-Metabolism by Acetogenic Autotrophs
- Fatema Zohra, Texas State University, Design and Development of an Integrated Water System Combining Rainwater Harvesting System (RWHS) and Atmospheric Water Generator (AWG)
- Krisha Samir Mehta, Arizona State University, HomeNet: Layout Generation of Indoor Scenes from Panoramic Images Using Pyramid Pooling
- Lael Wentland, Oregon State University, Towards the Promise of Precision Health Monitoring: Optimizing Reaction Conditions in a Paper-Based Phenylalanine Test
- Ria Ghosh, University of Texas at Dallas, Custom-made Real-time Field Testing Platform for accelerated advancements in Cochlear implant and Hearing aid algorithms
The WE Local Collegiate Competition is an excellent opportunity for students to build their resumes and receive direct feedback from other women engineers on their research. Applications to enter the Collegiate Competition are now closed. The application process was closed on Monday, November 11, 2019.
To view the guidelines and evaluation rubrics for Competition, download the 2020 WE Local Collegiate Competition Packet.
Finalists of the WE Local Collegiate Competition will receive a $250 stipend and complimentary collegiate premier registration to compete in the technical poster competition at WE Local San Diego. They will also be recognized during the WE Achieve awards ceremony on Saturday evening where three finalists from each category will be awarded first, second and third place.
Questions about the WE Local Collegiate Competition can be directed to email@example.com.