At the WE Local Collegiate Competition, undergraduate and graduate students are selected as Finalists to present their research in three styles: short form abstract submission (now completed!), visual poster presentation (viewable onsite) and lightning talk — view the online agenda and search “Collegiate Competition” for all presentation times.
WE Local Salt Lake City is proud to announce the 2020 WE Local Finalists as:
- Alexandra Richey, Arizona State University, The roles of scientific papers cited by direct-to-consumer stem cell businesses in the Southwest US
- Ceira Dawson, University at Buffalo, Temperature-dependent response of soils in tunnel lining interaction during fire events
- Hardi Sura, Purdue University, Analysis of open-source datasets for plant classification using convolutional neural networks
- Morgan Bishop, Utah State University, Identification of Murine Fecal Samples According to Diet by Fluorescence from Raman Spectroscopy
- Aleksandra Kalinowska, Northwestern University, Abduction loading affects motor coordination in individuals post stroke, suggesting it could be used for performance-based robot-aided rehabilitation.
- Ishita Tandon, University of Arkansas, Two Photon Excited Fluorescence Microscopy Metrics are Sensitive to Early Calcific Aortic Valve Disease Progression In Vitro and Ex Vivo
- Lori Caldwell, Utah State University, Developing a Mobile System to Visualize Fluid Flow in Hands-On Undergraduate Laboratories
- Paige West, Virginia Tech, Effective Online Engineering Education Strategies Using Learning Analytics
- Wei-Chiao Huang, University at Buffalo, A Potent Malaria Vaccine Adjuvant Based on Spontaneous Nanoliposome-Antigen Particleization
The WE Local Collegiate Competition is an excellent opportunity for students to build their resumes and receive direct feedback from other women engineers on their research. Applications to enter the Collegiate Competition are now closed. The application process was closed on Monday, November 11, 2019.
To view the guidelines and evaluation rubrics for Competition, download the 2020 WE Local Collegiate Competition Packet.
Finalists of the WE Local Collegiate Competition will receive a $250 stipend and complimentary collegiate premier registration to compete in the technical poster competition at WE Local Sal Lake City. They will also be recognized during the WE Achieve awards ceremony on Saturday evening where three finalists from each category will be awarded first, second and third place.
Questions about the WE Local Collegiate Competition can be directed to email@example.com.