Submit an Abstract
Please review all the information below prior to submitting an abstract to the WE Local Collegiate Competition. Note, the Collegiate Competition is only held at WE Local U.S. conferences.
Collegiate Competition Criteria
- Current/Active SWE (undergraduate or graduate) Collegiate Member
- Student must enter the category (undergraduate or graduate) for which they are currently enrolled as a member in the Society
- Students can use a current research/project they are working on alone, an independent study project, or a project they’re working on with others
Collegiate Competition Guidelines
To help students put their best foot forward, WE Local created the Collegiate Competition guidelines which includes evaluation rubrics. Download the Collegiate Competition packet today!
Application will be open August 2021
The deadline to apply for the 2022 WE Local Collegiate Competition is Tuesday, November 9, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. CT.
All 2022 WE Local U.S. notifications will be sent by e-mail starting in December 2021.
Collegiate Competition Finalists
Once an online research abstract has been submitted and accepted, students are recognized as “Finalists”.
- A complimentary Collegiate premier registration
- A travel stipend to compete in the on-site technical poster presentation as well as lightning talk competition to the conference for which they were selected
- Recognition and awards at the WE Local Power Hour on Saturday afternoon