The WE Local Collegiate Competition is an excellent opportunity for students to present their research to a broad technical audience in three styles: short form abstract submission, visual poster presentation and lighting talk presentation. This allows for students to learn and gain insight on their research, and to receive live feedback and encouragement from others within the STEM fields.
In 2022, collegiate competitions will take place at Albuquerque, Des Moines and Buffalo. Visit the Bengaluru and London pages to learn more about the poster competitions held at those locations.
Review the Collegiate Competition Packet to learn about the guidelines and evaluation rubric. At this time, the 2022 Collegiate Competition application period has closed. All applicants will be notified in December 2021 of the decision.
- Current SWE Collegiate Member (undergraduate or graduate)
- Student must enter the category (undergraduate or graduate) for which they are currently enrolled as a member of the Society
- Students can use a current research/project they are working on alone, an independent study project, or a project they’re working on with others
Once an online research abstract has been submitted and accepted, students are recognized as “Finalists”. Finalists receive:
- A complimentary Collegiate full registration
- A travel stipend to compete in the on-site technical poster presentation as well as lightning talk competition to the conference for which they were selected
- Recognition and awards at the WE Achieve Reception held on each Saturday late afternoon.