Nominate a Plenary Panelist
WE Local Europe plenary panels will be lively discussions featuring influential women in engineering and technology sharing best practices on everything from advancement in the workplace to work-life balance.
Plenary Panel Topics
The theme, Let’s Break Boundaries, is rooted in the notion that all women engineers, young and old, veterans, those in the early stages of their career, and engineers still pursuing their collegiate degree, are breaking boundaries both personally and for women across the globe. To illustrate the power of this theme, we’ll hear from a distinguished panel of women who have blazed a trail within engineering and broken a few boundaries during their career.
- Anne Lillywhite, Director, Honeywell
- Irina Semenova, Sub-Section Manager – Turbomachinery, GE Aviation Czech
- Maria Carmen Pescador, Director AFM, AFM (part of the FM Global Group)
- Kathrin Aehling, Head of Talent Management Germany, Schneider-Electric
Dōmo arigatō, Mr. Roboto: The Benefits (and Challenges) of Cognitive Technologies
Artificial intelligence (AI) and the use of cognitive technology continues to be a hot topic and will likely be so for years to come. A recent global survey of CEOs by Deloitte showed that 75% respondents believe that AI will substantially transform their companies within the next three years. The survey notes that the greatest challenge identified by these CEOs is the difficulty with integrating cognitive projects with existing processes and systems. Moreover, there continues to be a challenge for organizations when considering the ethics of these new cognitive technologies making decisions on behalf of humans. Our panelists will be asked about the current and future state of artificial intelligence and how it will augment, support, drive, and challenge human intelligence and existing economic models.
- Pia Dreiseitel, Team Manager Computer Vision at Continental
- Andrea Martin, CTO IBM Germany, Austria, Switzerland at IBM Deutschland GmbH
- Sinziana Muresan, Director | European IEC Projects at Emerson
- Pavani Surabhi, Technology Architecture Delivery Manager at Accenture