SWENext hosts the STEMpowered EXPO, a WE Local engineering program designed for all audiences including middle school and high school students, parents, educators and STEM-focused youth organizations.
Attendees will spend the morning at the STEMpowered EXPO, learning about engineering, local clubs, camps, after-school programs, competitions, scholarships, outreach activities and more. Explore the EXPO with your friends and family. There will be lots of fun engineering, hands-on activities! Registration opens in November.
This year’s event includes:
- A STEM activity EXPO, called STEMpowered, for middle and high school students on Saturday, February 26, 2022, Albuquerque, NN, Saturday, March 5, Des Moines, IA, and Saturday, April 9, Buffalo, NY, from 9:00 – 11:30 a.m.
- SWENext Awards (Opens September 2021)
- On-Site SWENext Awards Recognition at the Local Power Hour on Saturday afternoon
Recognizing the outstanding success of students and organizations shaping the future in engineering and technology is an initiative the Society of Women Engineers (SWE) strives for annually.
For the 2022 WE Local season, SWE will offer two awards:
- SWENext Local Innovator Award
- SWENext STEM in Action Award
Award Finalists (and their guests) have access to the SWENext STEMpowered Expo and are also invited to:
- WE Local’s Power Hour to have “Lunch With An Engineer” immediately following the Expo
- Attend pre-selected educational WE Local breakout sessions immediately following lunch
To learn more about the awards, criteria and to submit an application, visit SWENext’s Awards web page here. The deadline to apply is September 30, 2021.