WE Local is Going Green
In an effort to keep registration prices low and offer more value to WE Local attendees, our WE Local conference are going green! We understand that we have a responsibility to respond to the growing environmental concerns and there is no better place to launch these efforts than at WE Local.
At the core of this movement, conference “Going Green” efforts will include:
- Bring your favorite tote bag
- Environmentally friendly tote bags are great alternatives, but in order to keep costs low and be green, WE Local will not offer a tote bag to attendees. Instead we are encouraging attendees to “Bring Your Favorite Tote!” Post your photos to SWE’s Instagram, Facebook or Twitter and use the hashtags: #WELocal #GoingGreen.
- Limited print quantities for program books (available upon request at registration )
- Though there will be a limited number of printed program books, WE Local will be launching the WE Local mobile app. Check back in mid-January to download the app!
- For those who rather have the program in-hand, we have an option for you to “print” at work and bring it with you to the show. Check back soon for the printable program.
- Collecting and reusing lanyard sleeves, table numbers and onsite signage
- Reduce, reuse, recycle! This is our goal at WE Local conferences in order to reduce pollution and unnecessary costs. For example to print WE Local city specific signs can cost up to $3,000 per show, so to save on costs and help the environment, WE Local will have generic WE Local signage that travels from one conference to the next.
- Reduce the total amount of printed collateral
- PowerPoint presentations will be used to reduce the amount of printed materials use at WE Local conferences. If printing materials are needed, WE Local will use double-sided printing in order to reduce waste.
If you have additional ideas and/or questions regarding the WE Local “Going Green” movement, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.