Nominate Your City to Host Next WE Local Conference
WE Local is now accepting online submissions for 2019 and 2020 WE Local conferences. The deadline to submit a 2019 host city nomination is May 31, 2017 and for 2020 is September 30, 2017.
Application Sample Questions
- Who may comprise the WE Local Host Committee?
- In a few sentences, explain the reasons why you are recommending this location.
- List any universities/SWE Collegiate Sections in close proximity of the proposed location.
- Is there a proposed WE Local conference venue that can host 500 attendees including a 100 attendee SWENext Outreach event?
Don’t forget to indicate what year you are interested in hosting a WE Local conference.
Host City Criteria
Prior to applying, WE Local has outlined a criteria for conference site selection to include the following, but not limited to, items:
- Universities (are there universities in the area where undergrad/grad can attend)
- Conference venue (is there appropriate function space?)
- Transportation (is the conference easily accessible and affordable by plane, train or automobile)
- Section/region members (did a member nominate this city)
In order to bring the conference to WE Local members around the United States, WE Local will not consider cities if the host city:
- Held a SWE and/or region event within the past three years
- Held a SWE annual conference in the past five years or will be hosting a SWE annual conference in the next five years
For more questions regarding WE Local city selection, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.