Are you interested in hosting a 2019 WE Local conference in your city?
We want to hear from you!
WE Local is now accepting online submissions for the 2019 WE Local conferences. All city nominations must be submitted online by May 31, 2017.
Application Sample Questions
- Who may comprise the WE Local host committee?
- In a few sentences, please explain the reasons why you are recommending this location.
- List any universities/SWE Collegiate Sections in close proximity of the proposed location.
- What is the name of a proposed WE Local conference venue?
Be sure to indicate on your application that you are interested in hosting in 2019.
Prior to applying, WE Local has outlined a criteria for conference site selection to include the following, but not limited to, items:
- Universities (are there universities in the area where undergrad/grad can attend)
- Hotel accommodation (is there a hotel that can fit the event and attendees of the event)
- City (is it in an area where members reside)
- Transportation (is the conference easily accessible by plane, train or automobile and at affordable costs)
- Section/region chapters and members (did someone nominate this city to be considered)
WE Local does take into consideration cities that have hosted recent annual and/or regional conferences. If your city nomination…
- Held a SWE and/or region event within three years–the city is not eligible
- Held a SWE annual conference in the past five years or will be hosting a SWE annual conference–the city is not eligible
For more questions regarding WE Local city selection, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.